TRY: Trauma Recovery Yoga NOLA
This 20-hour weekend intensive is CEU approved by Yoga Alliance for Yoga instructors but is open to ALL, and is valuable for anyone who; has experienced trauma, cares for someone who has experienced trauma, counselors of trauma, clinicians in behavioral, health or addiction recovery fields, or yoga teachers who want to expand their skills into trauma-sensitive yoga. This training will prepare you to work with populations in crisis who have experienced trauma. We will identify the obstacles and rewards of teaching yoga, meditation, and breathing techniques to these vulnerable populations. You will learn this science-based method and acquire new tools that will help you to help yourself and others heal through trauma of the past.
*No yoga experience required.*
You will learn:
– psychology of trauma and somatic solutions
– T.R.Y. posture sequences
– Meditation for trauma
– Mantra and affirmation uses for trauma
– yoga postures for limited mobility
– dos and don’ts of trauma sensitive verbiage
– appropriate touch in class
– respect increases boundaries of trauma
– how to work with diverse groups/social justice
– breath for trauma recovery and resilience
– coping with compassion fatigue
– what to do next
– plus bonus materials and surprises!
— Mindful movements for at risk youth
and much more!
You must attend all classes in order to become certified with TRY.
For questions, message us or email email@example.com